A collection of my digital works. This includes 3D Animation, Narrative Games, Virtual Reality (VR), research projects, and films.
Through a fascination of architecture in game design and a devotion to the preservation of history, Schuyler Meyer of Millbrook, NY presents The Virtual Archive. A fully immersive and symbolic virtual reality museum of past works of both his photography and other digital media projects, with a focus on environmental design. The Virtual Archive, split into two sections, features a science fiction themed gallery, where the photos tell their own stories, and a fantasy themed library, featuring videos of completed past works. This vault of award-winning and international pieces was developed in the Unity Engine and designed for the Oculus VR headset.
See a video walkthrough at the end of the slideshow.
- Created as a final project for Clarkson University's Digital Arts and Sciences Program, DA492 - Senior Studies class
- Developed in Unity / C#
- All models made in Autodesk Maya
- All textures made in Adobe Photoshop (Sci-Fi floor texture was downloaded from a free asset store)
- Voice is "Amy IVONA" from Harpo Software
- All photos and projects within the archive were created and recorded by Schuyler Meyer
Fall 2018 - Fall 2019
"Using virtual reality to study human foraging behavior."
- Lead developer on a research collaboration project with the Clarkson University Psychology Department
- Designed a virtual environment for test subjects to find carrots in a field
- Data is both inputted and outputted to and from a CSV file for research team to easily use
- Project created in Unity / C#
- Models created in Autodesk Maya
- Textures created in Adobe Photoshop and downloaded from free asset stores
- Developed for the Oculus Rift platform
A 3D animation with a cyberpunk sci-fi setting. The character heads to the Konbini. (Konbini is a Japanese convenience store). Originally, I was going for more of a noir style animation, but ended up decided to go the cyberpunk route instead.
- Created as a final project for Clarkson University's DA200 - 3D Digital Modeling and Imagery class
- All models were created in Autodesk Maya and rendered using Arnold
- The vehicles and fence were downloaded from a free asset store - though I added the lights afterwards
- Some post editing in Adobe After Effects and Premiere
A five minute visual novel style narrative game. A tale that follows #482 and friends through a tale of companionship, separation, and isolation in a world where togetherness is the most important aspect of life. See a video walkthrough at the end of the slideshow.
- Created as a final project for Clarkson University's DA394 - Video Game Narrative class
- Developed in Unity / C# with Fungus
- All models were created in Autodesk Maya
- Some of the textures were created in Photoshop, the rest were downloaded from the Unity Asset Store
- Other props were also downloaded from the Unity Asset Store
- Can run on PC (Windows) or Android - has not been tested on MacOS or iOS
© Schuyler Meyer | 2020